My blog was nominated for 3 awards by Colleen at BrokeForBeauty! I’ve loved her blog from the moment I found it. She’s all about thoughtful reviews about beauty products and even often features budget finds and drugstore dupes.
The awards are:
The One Lovely Blog Award
The Shine On Award
The Versatile Blogger Award
The rules for each are to mention the blogger who nominated you, list seven things about you, and then nominate 7 other blogs for the award. I’ll list my 7 nominations at the end of the post! Now on to the factoids!
- I am the youngest of two children.
- I have an older brother named Andrew (Drew for short).
- I have a 7 year old mini Dachshund named Wally. I took him on at just under a year old from a neighbor who could no longer keep him. I was 15 at the time and he’s been my best buddy ever since.
- I’m a Nursing (RN) major. I plan to go on to get my Master’s degree and become a nurse practitioner in women’s health.
- My favorite color is purple.
- My first car was a 1997 Geo Metro LS in White. Google it. It’s adorable. Her name was Betty White.
- I love AEO jeans with stretch because they feel like pajamas.
- I used to be a part of the local Tri-County Swim League. Our swim club was the smallest in the bunch. We almost never won, be we made up for it in spirit! (That should say how little we won).
- I have had a job of one sort or another since I was 10. I’d like to think I have a good work ethic because of it.
- I only made a twitter account just over a month ago. I’m technologically slow to catch up for a 20-something.
- Pinterest is my biggest time-suck. I can’t just browse. I have to pin 5,000 things in one sitting.
- I love Dr. Who, Supernatural, Falling Skies, New Girl, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Under the Dome, Glee, and the news (I’m a news dork).
- I bought a vintage 1940s style brocade and velvet boudoir chair at a vintage furniture shop near my house at age 15. It is my love and my first big purchase.
- Doing dishes is not my least favorite chore, like most people would guess. I hate taking out the trash.
- I took psychology and criminal justice classes in high school because I was certain I wanted to be a criminal psychologist.
- I have had major weight-loss in my lifetime. I dropped 40 lbs and have kept it off since my sophomore year in high school.
- I used to hate girly things all through my junior year of high school. I would prefer riding around the neighborhood on my bike and getting dirty and sweaty to dresses and nail polish. But I’m wearing a pink t-shirt as I type this and am going to re-do my nails when I post this.
- I (and everyone else who does it) find yoga incredibly relaxing. It’s my new favorite activity. I could be in the midst of finals induced madness and a single yoga session would wipe it all away. It’s truly amazing.
- I’m happy to be more of a friend to my parents than a child. I’m 21 and they are 42 and 43. We’re not really all that far off in maturity, ethics, or responsibility.
- I can’t have bagels in the house. I’ll demolish them.
- I can’t dance, at least not well. And I don’t care.
Whew. It was interesting trying to come up with 21 facts about myself. I hope you have a better picture of who I am now.
Now on to my nomination picks!
Bucktown Bar Blog is an awesome, picture-loaded bar review blog written by another high school friend Hannah. I may be biased because she reviews bars that I go to and love.
A Pretty Penny is another WordPress website like my own that I love and look up to. It’s all about her obsession with beauty, fashion, and her flower shop.
Redesigned by M is yet another fabulous, DIY-centric WordPress blog. It’s loaded with DIYs running the gamut from clothing to IKEA hacks.
Adventures of Squirrel is an amazing inspirational and motivational blog written by a man in college. He’s wise beyond his years.
Cha-Ching on a Shoestring is a savings blog I’ve been following for years. It’s been featured on my local ABC affiliate, MSN, and the Huffington Post!
Thanks again to Colleen from BrokeforBeauty for the nomination!